Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tool 10


Last week I went to a training on how to use the iPod Touch instructionally in the District. Everything was a WOW for me. We received a long list of approved Apps (all subjects) for the iPod Touch, all for free!!! I am particularly interested in the apps related to Language Arts. For example, I Can Read Lite helps the young children learning to read and spell.
Lit2go has a large collection of poems and stories, fiction and non-fiction arranged by grade level, author, content area, reading level.
I can see the iPod touches being used by the students in centers to review concepts learned in the different core subjects. The things that the teachers and students can do are amazing. The sky is the limit!!!

3 comments:

  1. I signed up for that training next week and now I can’t wait to learn all the Apps they have available and implement them in my resource class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopeto take that training too next time it's given. Had to miss it and hope it's similar to using my I-phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The list of approved apps for the iPod Touch is certainly a welcome addition to the many resources at our disposal. Like you, I am looking forward to an exciting year with our students.

    ReplyDelete